Friday, June 6, 2014

The Daily Grind

Lately I have found myself getting hyper-aggrevated while working. Either in the office or on projects I do from home. I was always the person in group projects that felt like they had to do everything or it wouldn't get done. That cleared up a bit on college because I was lucky enough to do most of my group projects with dedicated scientists that really cared about scientific integrity.

I don't know what it is that is coded in my DNA but it makes me feel like I have to work a mile a minute on everything I am doing to make sure it is done in a timely, percise fashion. I suppose that is a good thing when people are depending on you. However, I feel the need to take it further and pick up the pieces others leave behind or don't quite finish. I make their work my work and let all of the pressure consume me. While I have often felt I perform best under pressure, it is seriously exhausting. With my mind always going, it is hard to wind down at night which throws my sleep schedule off and makes me so sleepy all day. Caffeine is not much help, either.

Maybe I just need to relax. I just don't know how to. I guess that is something to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment