Monday, July 14, 2014

The Revised TBT

For the last few weeks, my thoughts have consumed me. I have been a tsunami of emotions from happy to terribly depressed. Unfortunately, this is how I roll. Even more unfortunately, it is what I am like when I turn my thoughts in on myself. To reflect on one's actions and decisions is overwhelming when your foundation of self-love ranges from very small to non-existent. It was something I needed to do, to help me make a new Thirty Before Thirty list. With approximately 13 months to go, I fear that I will fail on the majority to items on the list. Not because I don't want to do them, but because I fear failure as much as I fear death (spiders, snakes, and other assorted insects tie for the things I fear second most of all).

Here is the revised list. Here is to hoping that by sticking to it and completing it, I learn to fear failing less and embrace putting myself out there more.

TBT-Revised

1. Start a garden including veggies, fruit, and flowers.

2. Make my own cleaning products (home and body).

3. Be better about cleaning and laundry.

4. Spend more time baking and making candy.

5. Get caught up and on track financially.

6. Make ice cream.

7. Make pasta by hand.

8. Journal. Started!

9. Cook 2 new recipes a month, one of which should be non-American.

10. Learn to sew better/actually make things.

11. Read 75 books. No genre limitations.

12. Go to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

13. Take dance lessons.

14. Join a gym and actually go.

15. Get a tattoo.

16. Learn to play the Ukulele.

17.Take more pictures.

18. Stick to a personal style instead of buying things because they fit.

19. Get a drastic new hair cut. Done, and redone.

20. Eat more locally grown/raised food.

21. Cut out gluten and stick to it. This means baking gluten free too.

22. Go on dates with my husband, at least monthly.

23. Start writing again-Blogging and journaling do not count.

24. Go back to Disney World.

25. Redecorate and refurnish the apartment.

26. Catalog my recipes.

27. Go to Cape Cod.

28. Splurge on a pair of boots.

29. Be touristy around New England.

30. Actually celebrate my 30th birthday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment