Wednesday, March 26, 2014

TBT #19--Accomplished

19. Get a drastic new hair cut.

So, about a month or so ago, I shaved part of my head. Not a lot... maybe like half of a half. Or if you excel at math and fractions, 1/4th. 25%.
 
The Husband and I spent a few hours this weekend bleaching my naturally dark hair and the black dye I used months ago out. My hair is a honey badger. In true honey badger fashion, IT DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK. Hulk smash puny bleach! it came out approx. 99 different colors. After two days of bleaching, I let it rest. It deserved a rest as it took 3 bleach kits in 2 days and didn't fall out. I would have bought the best Tina Turner wig I could have if it had. The higher the hair, the closer to God afterall.
 
Last night, in the salon (and by salon I mean teeny tiny bathroom) The Husband graciously donned gloves and dyed my hair Nuclear Read (by Special Effects). Also known as Brighter Than the Day Star Red and HAHAHAHAHA Fire Trucks Got Nothin' on This Red. After letting it percolate for 2 episodes of My Little Pony, it was time to rinse. And now my tub looks like a crime scene. But! My hair is fabulous. Win.
 
I've always enjoyed non-natural colored hair. I started doing this crap to my hair in 6th grade. Its been a while and I have been surprised by my co-workers responses. Generally, they have been very nice. Nicer than I assumed.
 
That being said, Listen y'all: I KNOW my hair is red. It was intentional. I didn't wake up and miss the mirror in the bathroom this morning. The Dye Fairy did not visit me in my sleep. This is not a surprise for me. Nor should it be for you. I told all of you while i was 50 shades of bleached that it was going to be red. "You're hair is ..... (awkward pause)...uh... (awkward pause)...red (smirk)" doesn't make you funny or creative. And while Red was my favorite Fraggle, there is no need to make my nickname "Red." You are better than that. Let's lay it to rest with my other work nicknames: Cupcake, Piercings, and Holes.

Sister from another Mister?

Joking aside, I understand that having loud hair that isn't "normal" (whatever that means) opens me up to comments and ridicule. That is fine. Just respect my intelligence and yourself enough to make it creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment