Monday, March 24, 2014

Thirty Before Thirty

Picture


The idea of turning thirty has been consuming me since I turned 27. That was a year and a half ago. I don't like thinking about getting old. It makes me obsessed with my own mortality.


My sister-in-law blogged about her own 30 before 30 list. I really liked the idea and decided I would do one as well. It will help me confront my issues with mortality as well as make the next year and 7 months as meaningful as possible.



Instead of this:

Maybe it can be like this:



My Thirty Before Thirty:

1. Start a garden including veggies, fruit, and flowers.

2. Make my own cleaning products (home and body).

3. Be better about cleaning and laundry.

4. Persue baking and candy making as a side job.

5. Get caught up and on track financially.

6. Make ice cream.

7. Make pasta by hand.

8. Journal. Started!

9. Seriously learn to knit or crochet.

10. Learn to sew better/actually make things.

11. Read 100 books. No genre limitations.

12. Go to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston.

13. Take dance lessons.

14. Join a gym and actually go.

15. Get a tattoo.

16. Learn to play the Ukulele.

17.Take more pictures.

18. Develope a better personal style.

19. Get a drastic new hair cut.

20. Eat more locally grown/raised food.

21. Cut out gluten and stick to it. This means baking gluten free too.

22. Go on dates with my husband, at least monthly.

23. Make career/college decisions.

24. Go back to Disney World.

25. Redecorate and refurnish the apartment.

26. Catalog my recipes.

27. Go to Cape Cod.

28. Splurge on a pair of boots.

29. Be touristy around New England.

30. Get pregnant.


Here's to tackling the next 17 months head on.


-MPA

No comments:

Post a Comment