Monday, May 5, 2014

Husband-less Weekend Report

The Husband-less weekend went fairly well. I survived and he is home, so all is good. I accomplished less than I wanted to on Sunday but it happens.

Friday I worked. I took the train in and on the short walk to the station in town, I saw a fork on the ground. And by fork I mean DINGLEHOPPER. I didn't pick it up and I have regretted it since. I know, I know. I don't have a clue who's grubby hands or diseased mouth was on that thing, or anything else that could be on it from laying on the side of the street. I just wanted to take copious ammounts of selfies and send hilarious snapchats to friends and family of me using a dinglehopper. I have this bright red hair... What else am I supposed to do with it?

But, no... I left it there. Naturally after work, on my way to get some affordable, delicious sushi I looked for it but couldn't find it. Could there be another "red head" in town with my dinglehopper? There are enough seagulls around, could Scuttle have picked it up and brought it to a more worthy mermaid? Crushed, I ate my seabrethern and planned my Saturday.
 
 
Saturday... I got ready, and left early to walk to the train for two reasons: to search for my dinglehopper in the daylight and to get a spinach bagel with bacon-chive creamcheese. No dinglehopper. It disappeared, making me question my sanity. Was it ever really there? Was I just having another fantasy where I was a Disney princess? I wanted it to be part of my world. I drowned my sorrows in a coffee and stuffed all the feels back down with that magnificent bagel. For real. Whoever came up with spinach bagles and bacon-chive creamcheese is a NATIONAL TREASURE. Took the train to North Station and didn't know there was a day-time Bruins play-off game. Ugh. So many people. The highlights of people I saw in relation to the game:
  • The Child wearing a Bruins jersey, Bruins foam hockey puck head piece, and a foam bear paw with claws on each hand.
  • The DJ outside of the station.
  • The insane ammount of women wearing cropped leggings to a HOCKEY RINK.
  • The lady wearing short that were as long as underwear. Literally, the jersey she was wearing was the same length. It's an ICE hockey game.
  • The homeless guy screaming about how much he loves hockey and the Bruins.
  • The drunk guy that liked my hair.
  • The nice guys I smoked next to explaining to someone that you knew the Bruins won because the people wearing Montreal jerseys weren't getting beat up.
 
I took the subway to Malden for the Big Thrifty event. Scored some deals and headed back to North Station. Upon arrival, a gentleman who looked like a young Henry in the show Eureka. I was so confused by it.

I could do worse, amirite?
Took the train to Salem, where I got a psychic reading after running into some friends I haven't seen in like 6 years. The reading went better than expected and I left in a good mood. I got some terrible food (worst mozzarella sticks of my life) before heading to the train station. I naturally befriended a recovering addict who was having a rough day. We, along with the other patrons of the MBTA got a real treat. We got to witness an EPIC break-up phone call. Searched AGAIN on the walk home for my lost dinglehopper but it really is gone. :(
 
Sunday was the most useless day. I got dressed and walked to Happy Dumplings. I have been talking about going there while The Husband was away for a week. I got there and their May hours do not include being open on Sunday. I walked back home with a great sense of failure, ordered some chinese food that I didn't want because all I wanted was Happy Dumplings, and binged on Cake Boss on Netflix. Made nachos which were hella good at about 9pm then did the laziest thing ever: I watched Priscilla, Queen of the Desert because it was what was still in the XBOX.
 
 
So, all in all, not bad. There were some high points and some lows but I survived. I'd prefer not to do it again for a while, though. And I seriously need some Happy Dumplings ASAP.




No comments:

Post a Comment