Friday, May 16, 2014

Makeup! Not War!

Ok, maybe the post title is a little silly but I friggin' love makeup. I love/hate that it is called makeup... But I suppose it is kind of on point: you casn use it to make up a new image. Which, I suppose, is why I like it. I do not NEED makeup. No one actually NEEDS makeup-except maybe drag queens but that is more so they look SICKENING than necessity.

I like that foundation evens my skin tone out. I like that shimmery pressed powder makes my face shimmery. I like blush and bronzer. Eye liner? All over it. I like using black and gold liner or black and silver. Or black and teal. Or using liquid black on top to wing it out and black pencil on the bottom. and don't get me started on eye shadow!

Seriously, there has been such an increase in awesome shades of everything since I was a tween playing around with this shit. For instance, the Electric Palette by Urban Decay. It is a neo, rainbow paradise of eye shadow. Can I bring myself to pay the $50 for it? Nope. But this girl can dream! I just
want to play with it!
  
TREMBLE BEFORE ITS BEAUTY!



For the last few months, my makeup love has changed. I now covet lipstick. I spent months, literally months, searching for the right oxblood shade (Revlon Black Cherry, if your interested). I have reds and wines as well. But I am lacking any other color. Which is becoming a problem. I want pink. And orange. And black. And purple. I want it all and I am not ashamed.









I don't care about contouring. I should probably care more about priming than I do. I have lately found myself searching for hot pink, purple, and black lipstick on the daily at work. Part of me fears they will look terrible. Part of me says, "Fuck it! Dooooooo it." #YOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment