Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Introducing Pinterest Diaries

Often, I like to think I can craft. Sometimes this is a big win. Other times, not so much. Whether trying new stuff in the kitchen or trying not to get craft herpes (it's ok glitter, you're still my favorite color) all over the damn place, Pinterest has given us would be crafters/home cooks/DIY-ers a place to revel.

You can find EVERYTHING on Pinterest. Cute dogs? You got it. Cosplay ideas. Boom. Done. Quick dinner ideas? Holla! Gadgets and gizmos? A plenty. Whozits and whatsits? Galore. Thingamabobs? At least twenty.

I have talked about wanting to DIY a lot of stuff on my 30 Before 30/soon to be 35 Before 35, as well as wanting to expand on what I make in the kitchen-new recipes and ingredients. I have decided to add a new, reoccurring post theme to display the new things I make. The good, the bad, the inedible, the ugly, the everything.

I get my first chance at a new Pinterest recipe tonight. I needed a hot dish to bring to the coalition (or if you are me and can't take death seriously, the funeral after party) for my Uncle. I chose a pulled chicken made with brown sugar and beer. Beer? Yes. Good for an after party, right? Especially for this Uncle. George, while he stopped drinking later in life, gave me the best beer advice I have ever received--and it was at the tender age of 8: Don't wash down a package of Oreos with a 6 pack of beer. You'll get a hell of a hangover!*

So, tonight or tomorrow I will have my first installment of the Pinterest Diaries-Beer and Brown Sugar Pulled Chicken. And if it comes out a hot mess? I'll have to get real friggin' creative, real friggin' early in the morning.



*I have taken this advice seriously and have never washed Oreos down with beer. I stick to milk. Good lookin' out, Uncle George. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment