Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Holy Shit, Views! News!

Wow. I posted the last blog on Facebook and my Tumblr (waiting to hear back on a community Tumblr as well). My views have skyrocketed. I mean, I average like... 5 views maybe if I don't post it and with this round, it was almost 200. Which, truth be told, makes me feel like a Z-List celebrity (it is far more exhilarating than it sounds).


THIS also happened:
If it had been reblogged, I would have gone into cardiac arrest.
 
So, what have I been doing since posting - ya know, other than checking page hits? I have contacted xojane, an online magazine regarding reworking the post as well as another post into articles for their site.
 
The Husband has also suggested I reformat the now deceased (and sadly so) mini course I taught for the volunteer program I work with into posts. My course dealt with how women are viewed in media, whether it be the focus on their body and what is on it, or the size, or even the way a face is made up. It also covered how toys and cartoon characters are being marketed in a more adult manner.
 
 
I don't want the entire blog to be me ranting about issues. I would like to keep it as diverse as it has been, however I think I will focus a bit more on social issues as it seems to get the best response.

No comments:

Post a Comment