Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#effyastandahds B-I-N-G-O

The Husband was enlisted to help me name this game. Fat Freedom bingo was what he came up with. And I love it. But I hemmed and hawed about it being too exclusionary. My main issue was that so many people have issues with their bodies and many of the items on the list are "trouble areas" to them. My goal here is to give a large middle finger to society here. So I changed it. Effyastandahds (can you tell where I am from?) seemed to sum up my feelings on this completely bananas idea that we should police each other's bodies and clothing and actions.

Rules, ways to get extra points, prize info, and bingo card are below. I hope those of you participating have fun and those who aren't enjoy the photos as they are posted! Here's to a happy summer spent breaking barriers and smashing the patriarchy.

-MPA

#effyastandahdsbingo
Rules:
-You don't have to be fat or identify as female to play! Join your fat friends in standing up to some truly stupid ideals and take some really cute selfies in the process.
-Take a photo of yourself doing or wearing some of the "Forbidden" things listed on the bingo card.
-Traditional bingo rules apply. To achieve bingo, you need all 5 items in a horizontal line, vertical line, or diagonal line.
-Multiple entries are allowed.
-When posting photos: if you have an app of collaging, it will totally make your life easier. If not, post all pictures that apply. They can be posted here in the comments, on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, or Facebook. Please post once all five at once.
-Photos should be tagged with your name as well having me tagged in the comments (so I can easily find them): Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/cupcakesandcrossbows /Tumblr- tfdmelissa / Twitter- cupcakesnxbows / and Insta- whofavorsfire. Please also use the following tags: #ccacb #effyastandahdsbingo
-Winners will be selected at my discretion with no preference given to those I know personally. If the decision gets tough, I may rope The Husband in to help.
-All submissions must be posted by Labor Day (The last real summer weekend! September 7.)

Extra Credit
Extra points will be awarded for:
-Incorporating donuts into a picture for the free space (No picture necessary as it is the free space).
-Wearing the Target trophy t-shirt OR making a #takingbackTROPHY shirt (please tag these with #takingbackTROPHY as well!).
-Following me on Facebook or subscribing to the blog.

Prizes:
-There will be 5 prizes awarded, one of which will be the Grand Prize.
-What they are, or monetary value, is currently TBA. But I promise it will be fun and not expensive.
-Winners will be notified by private message as well as announced on the blog. I will not use photos without the permission of those that submit them.



No comments:

Post a Comment